#SENShowSeries: What’s new in the world of SEND?
During this free-to-attend session, educational consultant Lorraine Petersen OBE outlines the latest DfE updates on SEND for schools returning after six months of lock-down. Attendees also discovered information regarding Ofsted inspections including news about the latest Ofsted and CQC Local Area inspections and what these might look like in the future.
Watch now Presentation slides
Lorraine Petersen's top tips
- Be aware that a revised SEND Code of Practice is due out in 2020
- Read the Government response to the Education Committee’s report on SEND here.
- Use the latest guide from Whole School SEND – COVID-19 SEND Review Guide to reflect on and refine provision in response to changing need and circumstance.
- Think carefully about which students will benefit from “catch-up” activities and what might these be.
- Share relevant information with all staff.
See all webinars